I am intrigued by this new world I have discovered through blogging. There are some amazing blog sites out there. On a daily basis I find new sites designed and written by people who have such creativity, insight and express such a joy for living. One such place for surfing that I found this week is "Thursday Thirteen". I was looking for post ideas and decided to try this site.My TT #1 is today. I have decided to post 13 of my many favorite children's books.
(Many of you already know how I love talking about reading to children!)
1. Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (Toddler)
2. The Wolf's Chicken Stew by Keiko Kasza (Ages 4-8)
3. The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate The Wash by Trinka Hakes Noble (Ages 4-8)
4. The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams (Toddler-4)
5. Farm Flu by Teresa Bateman (Ages 3-8)
6. The Napping House by Audrey Wood (Ages 2-4)
7. One Frog Too Many by Mercer Mayer (Ages 4-8)
8. The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett (Ages 4-8)
9. There's An Alligator Under My Bed by Mercer Mayer (Ages 4-8)
10. Giraffes Can't Dance by Andreae (Ages 4-8)
11. The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman (Ages 4-8)
12. Naughty Little Monkeys by Jim Aylesworth (Ages 4-8)
13. Night Tree by Eve Bunting (Ages 4-8)
Happy Reading!!!
Abundance is .....a child knowing the story by heart and "reading" it to you!
I love your new header! I'm going to have to keep these books in mind as we get to the ages you listed by them. A favorite around here right now is Llama Llama Red Pajama.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Audrey & Don Woods's books. The Napping House is wonderful, but my favorite is King Bidgood's In The Bathtub. The illustrations are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the links. I didn't even know many of these books and they look like great ones!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! There are a few I don't know so I will check them out at the library. I love a good book recommendation!
ReplyDeletesome of those are my childrens favs already - and I am too amazed by blogs!!
ReplyDeleteThat was funny comment about your friend's dedication to the book. I am so with her there!!
ReplyDeleteI loved #1 on your list!!!! It's still on my little guy's bookshelf.
Great list. I'll have to check some of these out that I don't recognize. My niece is about to be 8, so these should be perfect for her!
ReplyDeleteThis is great!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to give you and your daughter some advice on the PR job search ... do you have an E-mail address listed on your blog anywhere?
Have you read Unstoppable Me (by Wayne Dyer). It's such a great uplifting book for kids! Great list by the way. Oh, I added you to my blog roll!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that I only recognize a few of those books - which just goes to show you that there are soooo many good ones out there!
ReplyDeleteFun List!
Such a great list! Many of those are on our short list here too. A couple I need to go and check out.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list. I thought I was familiar with most of the favorites out there, but apparently not! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list. My students love books. I ran across your blog on Miruspeg's Middle Age Rambling...I know (virtually) Octamom too. I look forward to seeing your future posts.
ReplyDeleteHello Avtcoach!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pleasant surprise meeting someone new....it is the 'six degrees of separation' theory.
I started blogging after viewing Octamom's blog and decided I would have a go at the 'new technology'!
I see you are also over at Scrapblog.com...there is such a beautiful community spirit over there, I am sure you will meet some wonderful and inspiring people there as well.
This Thursday Thirteen idea sounds like fun, I will check it out after work and also look into these books you have posted.
Look forward to chatting to you again soon.
Peggy
PS Your last quote about abundance is beautiful.
Great list -- some books I know, some I will definitely have to check out for my littlest munchkin. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Happy TT!
ReplyDeletehappy first TT!
ReplyDeleteterrific list. Goodnight Gorilla was my younger daughter's fave as a toddler. Giraffes Can't Dance is another off your list that i love. my son's fave as a toddler was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
thanks for stopping by!
I just love children's books!
ReplyDeleteOh - I'm going to have to go check those out at the library - seriously. Thanks a million!
ReplyDeleteand thanks for the email - i'll keep you posted on the appointment in early October!
I really enjoy several of these titles... and I'm a single46 year old! As my recommendation - I don't any five year old who doesn't love "The little mole who knew it was none of his business" After all what's more funny than poo!
ReplyDeleteOh Oh .... How I love children's books - Hopefully you know these titles
ReplyDeleteFix It by David McPhail
First Day by Joan Rankin
love love love children's books
also the boy who ate words!
Storytellinmama does book reviews every once in a while .