January 2010 is ending soon and it looks like Oklahomans will break out of this month with an ice storm. Forcasts have been repeatedly stating the possible worst with thick ice causing power outages and up to a foot of snow on top of that. With this next wave of weather, the weathermen are warning everyone to prepare. We have made our list: snow shovel, bag of salt, extra water, food that can be cooked on our gas stove, and favorite books and movies. Guess we are prepared!
At least there is warning. I like warnings. I am a faithful weather watcher. I like to be prepared. I like to know what is coming. However, in my effort to life gratefully I am also focusing on getting more comfortable with "seeing what happens", "going with the flow" "living in the moment" and "embracing spontaneity". This next event could just be an opportunity to practice.
Even with weather forcasts and radar capabilities, we still do not know what is really in store for us on Thursday. Maybe ice, maybe snow...maybe both. I do know that there will be an opportunity to zig and zag my way through. Whether in travel to and from work, dealing with a power outage or finding ways to occupy my time while snowed in, I will remind myself to adjust, adapt, and be aware that honing this skill might be of course my "planned spontaneity". :)
Living Gratefully is ...being thankful when the zig and zag opportunities come your way!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello Wendy
ReplyDeleteWhen you are zig zaging your way to work please take care, you know I worry when you are out in such horrendous conditions.
And I am pleased to read you have a LIST, a girl after my own heart..LOL.
Embracing spontaneity can be very invigorating. Getting outside the box and being open to life's treats is definitely a good thing.
Annemarie and I commented on Facebook the other day how we both love detours, it sure makes for a great adventure.
Remember to take care.
Hugs
Peggy xxxx
Always good to be prepared. I never am. I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl many times. I just hope you don't send any of that our way.
ReplyDeleteOh, if you are planning on cooking on your gas stove if there is a power outage, how do you intend to watch movies. Do you have a portable DVD player. I wish we did.
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteAs much as I like to know, too...there is something about going with the flow, the flow of life - the zig and zag...that is very connecting. So, I wish you peaceful zigging and zagging on all that lies ahead this week, and always....
Stay safe while you zig and zag. I seem to find myself zigging and zagging most every day, even when I think I am prepared!
ReplyDeleteIf you do get snow and ice, enjoy the beauty.... It's a rare treat for us.
The opportunity to zig and zag...allowing us to make different choices. It's the art of going with the flow. Never easy, but always interesting. Hoping you don't get an ice storm!
ReplyDelete