In keeping with the technology theme with my ipod and blogging etc., I want to share a thought I had about moving into the New Year.I want to talk about the cool little invention the “flash drive”.
Wikipedia says this “A USB flash drive consists of a flash memory data storage device integrated with a USB (universal serial bus) interface. USB flash drives are typically removable and rewritable. USB flash drives offer potential advantages over other portable storage devices….they have a more compact shape, operate faster, hold much more data, have a more durable design, and operate more reliably due to their lack of moving parts.”
So what does this have to do with preparing for the New Year?
Well, my mind (computer) often gets much like the “my documents” portion of my computer. I keep taking in information, often without using neatly organized folders, especially when I am in a hurry.
I also sometimes leave data files in there for a long time without sending unused information to the trash bin, even if the information is “corrupted”. Sometimes I cannot find the information or have forgotten where it is stored. Now let’s see, where did I decide to store it on that day?
It is time to turn over a new page of the calendar and I would really like to consider adding a “flash drive” to my thinking. Remember, a flash drive is removable and rewritable. This means that information that is “junk” or “detrimental” to a healthy computer (mind) can be easily replaced with new files of music, well written scripts, emails to encourage friends and a collection of positive words that “re-save” and help my mind stay positive every day.
My “flash drive” would be portable, which means that it can be easily changed in all situations. With this kind of flexibility I can “plug in” even at work, in that long line in the grocery store and at a slow down during a commute.
In my quest for abundance in 2009, the uses for this concept are innumerable.
How will you use this concept in 2009?
Click here to find out where I got the picture of those colorful flash drives.
Abundance is... a new way of thinking.
Love all the colorful flash drives you have pictured here!
ReplyDeleteInstead of thinking about flash drives, I've been thinking about buying a separate memory card for my camera that will just be used for a) blogging, and/or b) Project 365, where you take a picture each day of the year. So, that's where my mind is headed.
One question though... Do you really, really, want to plug in while in a long grocery line? I opt for zoning out, flipping through a magazine, or looking at the whacky headlines and photographs on the tabloid covers!
Hugs,
Roban
I am so pleased that Roban commented before I did, because I read about her 'Project 365'. I'll be doing that from January 1st.
ReplyDeleteBack to your post.....excellent comparison, USB's and our mind.
My computer is alot more organised than my mind. I need it to be as I enjoy learning from the tiny tots to the wise older generation, so I tend to have alot of 'junk' and 'wisdom' in my head at the same time. I find it quite stimulating that I can jump between stupidity and seriousness with great ease.
Three posts to go Coach.....Woohoo
Cheers
Peggy
I appreciate and am buying into your quest for abundance in 2009.
ReplyDeleteYour "flash drive" idea is a great concept.
Love the flash drive concept! I've been saying for years that I need a "memory chip" installed in my brain!! I, too, am wading through the MP3 learning process....with my new little Sony video player. I WILL get it...but it takes a little longer as we...age!
ReplyDelete