We had a very nice Christmas. We went to a Christmas Day movie for the first time and it was a nice way to spend Christmas with young adult children. Their "toys" this year were kitchen toys that they put on their Santa list. Sports events on TV were put on hold for the afternoon and we had scaled down our meal with a nice brunch instead of the traditional turkey with the trimmings. This was all designed to keep my mother and me out of the kitchen for Christmas Day!!

This was the movie chosen and we all relaxed and laughed at the extreme family cultures! It is not that easy choosing a movie for 7 people from three generations!
I think we'll be doing this again next year!!
This post is number 94! This means that if I post each day until January 1st then my 100th post will be January 1st! I have seen many of my blog friends reach this milestone and I'll be grateful to reach mine.
Abundance is...finding joy in all of the Christmases we attend!
100 is on the way for you! and i sooo want to see that movie. i heard it was super fun...glad you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteYes!! Four Christmases was definitely a great movie for everyone to agree on!! My H and were laughing SO HARD!!!
ReplyDeleteYes!! Four Christmases was definitely a great movie for everyone to agree on!! My H and were laughing SO HARD!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen the movie yet, but several people have commented on it being a good, funny movie.
ReplyDeleteWow... 100 posts! That's a definite milestone and one I haven't even thought about.
I enjoy visiting you via blog and always look forward to seeing something new here.
Glad you had an enjoyable Christmas with your family!
Hugs,
Roban
100 posts. You seem like such a pro, I promise you, I thought you'd be closer to 500.
ReplyDeleteI have a mad crush on Vince Vaughn. Shhh. Don't tell anyone and I won't tell anyone you slept in. Ha!!!
What a thoughtful family giving you and your mother a break from cooking this Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you all had a lovely relaxing day which is the way it is meant to be.
I haven't seen the movie but if you recommend it, I'll put it on THE LIST!
My goodness nearing 100 posts and you only started in August. I am only up to 47, I must type slower than you!
Now I am expecting, for your 100th post something filled with abundance, as you certainly do lead an abundant life....remember your "Goddess of Abundance" post back in August.
No pressure though Coach!
Lots of love and take care
Peggy
My hubby being military we have lived away from family for the past 8 years so we made it a tradition to go and see a movie on Christmas Eve and LOVED it! Now we moved closer to family and forgot to do it this year! We still had a great time though. I am a fan of Reese Witherspoon! I will have to check this one out.
ReplyDelete