Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Inspire and Be Inspired


June's "Abundant" theme is "inspire another".


I have struggled in the past few months with my writing. I have had so many new insights and new experiences yet somehow, the words to describe them would not come. I could not seem to adequately convey them in words. Mental images, meditative states, progress in asanas were abounding. My blog had to take a back seat to these experiences. I did not have the words.


Along came an extended phone call from my blog friend Miruspeg and her words were timely. Her own blog posting routine, her consistency, her word focus of "Balance" and daily example encouraged me. I was inspired.


Then came the end of May and an opportunity to group post again about our word. The creativity of my friends encouraged me. I was inspired.


Like Dorothy in "Jerry McGuire", "I just want to be inspired."

My inspiration comes in many forms: really good writing, beautiful art, music and photography, the commitment that someone has to a daily prayer life, a workout schedule, a nutrition schedule. In fact, I find inspiration from those who keep their personal commitments to just about anything. I find the quality of "commitment to self" very inspiring.


One individual who exudes inspiring words and actions is Michael J. Fox. His recent television special "Adventures of an Incurable Optimist" paid homage to individuals who live life with a positive outlook. I don't think anyone could watch this special or finish his new book "A Lucky Man: A Memoir" and not be inspired by the way he is inspired by the human spirit himself and celebrates the way others inspire him.


So there is something to "Inspire, and Be Inspired"


If I feel this abundant about being inspired, and Michael J. Fox shares this sentiment, then maybe to experience abundance we must seek to "inspire another". You might be intentionally inspiring another in a variety of ways but I am most certain that each and every person is "inspiring another" in some way that they are not aware of.


I recently posed a question to a very close friend. "How do I help you?" The answer I received was more than I expected. This person who inspires me so much in many aspects of life has been touched in unexpected ways by me. That I might in a small way contribute to the abundant life of another is both humbling and amazing.

So, my questions are these: Can we decide to "inspire another" or do we "inspire another" by living a quality life of positive abundance and that in itself is enough? Does inspiration come spontaneously in a different form for each individual or are there qualities that are globally inspiring? What or who inspires you?


Abundance is....an unexpected gift of inspiration.

15 comments:

  1. Inspiration comes from many sources...from tiny sprouts shooting up and trying to become a beautiful flower...to watching someone finish a triathlon with no legs...to a group of people creating change...to a friend that happens to say the words I need to hear. And YOU! You inspire me! Your spiritual growth and curiosity has me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you should mention this as my brother was feeling a lack of inspiration in his photography.He then decided to stop looking inward and to start looking outwardly. He then came up with A to Z Photo (atozphoto.blogspot.com) to help others in the same predicament. As the blog came into fruition, he began seeing photo opportunities everywhere as did many other people. You can help so many people along with yourself when you stop focusing on your own needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always found inspiration from people who were unaware that they were being inspiring. So, I guess I find inspiration by watching what others do.

    What others say is also helpful, but I think people can say anything. It's what they're actually doing in their life that lets you know they're the real deal!

    Okay... I'm thinking about my 60+ year old sister-in-law who has only recently taken up running. Time for me to lace up my shoes!

    Hugs to you for inspiring thoughts that lead to action!!

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being inspired and I love inspiring people. They seem to go hand in hand.

    When I read this quote below I had an ahhh haaaa moment....I felt inspired!

    "People often say motivation doesn't last, well that may be true, but neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it every day." - Zig Ziglar

    The simplicity of Mr. Ziglar's words really hit home. You see, that is the "petrol" that has fueled my own journey to where I am now. It's how I stay positive in a world that others might tend to view as negative. It's how I tune out most of the negative things around me, and tune into what's positive.

    When I wake up I pretty much have a clean slate. I feel neither overly negative nor positive. So I import positive thoughts (i.e. reading, listening, reciting, etc.) first thing in the morning. It does wonders towards reprogramming my mind and the way in which I view the world.

    You can see how much I have missed reading your posts Coach....you ALWAYS inspire me to ramble on.

    Bless you.
    Hugs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! That really gives me something to think about. Nice to "see" you around here again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post - just wondering if you know what happened to Everyone has a story to tell = her blog is no longer active???
    I really liked visiting her Blog and I found her through you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really live by the optimism rule as well... I don't think you can achieve much in a sea of negativity--which is why I love to surround myself with amazing inspiring stories of bravery and dreams come true. It's just that gentle push and reminder that if they can do it, then so can I. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am inspired by people who tell the trut at all cost. it helps me live a more genuine, honest life. i do miss your daily posts, but believe this time will lead to gifts you'll share with us as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think inspiration comes when we least expect it sometimes. And often the person inspiring you has no idea they're doing it even. I get inspired when I am taking care of myself or reading my bloggy friend's adventures or good things they're doing and even sometimes when not so good things are happening. That inspires me to not take the goodness around me for granted. Comes in all packages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will never understand how inspiration can come and goes as it does. However, I do enjoy it most when it is present. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was great. I get inspiration from so many different sources, but one of the biggest is hearing about or reading out other people's stories, lives, challenges and how they've overcome them.

    Great to be back!

    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What insires changes I suppose - but living here in these beautiful mountains would inspire just about anyone! *smiling*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to say hello! I hope you continue to be inspired. I could have used some today. argh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great inspiration , it makes man success,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



    ___________________
    Christena
    Getting a Payday advance is just a few steps away

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!