Monday, August 9, 2010
A Great Big Gratitude Weekend
This art work says: GRATITUDE: To be present in the appreciation of life's abundance and to share that light with others.
That is how I felt about this past weekend. It was both an amazing weekend and one of disappointment as well. A few months after I began blogging I met three incredible women who blogged and who regularly commented on my friend Julie's blog at Octamom.
We continued commenting on each other's blogs and slowly learned that we had much in common. In fact, Roban of Moments In Time was born on the same day and year as me. In 2009, we all chose a word and for 12 months joint posted about our words. We were faithful readers of each other's blogs and saw photos of family, our vacation spots and our pets. The huge world of blogging was suddenly personal and meaningful and spiritual. These women became as close as many "real world" friends and it was surreal to think that we would ever meet.
This past weekend we did. AnneMarie, Peggy, Julie and I met in Salado, Texas. You can read about the place at AnneMarie's Blog. You can read about my special relationship with Julie and her family at Octamom. And you can read about the long airport wait by Roban and the huge disappointment of us all that she could not get a flight out of Atlanta to come and meet us. Read her story here.
It is hard to describe. In fact it is impossible to tell someone. When asked "Why are you going to Texas?" Well, I met these women blogging, we are meeting for the first time in Texas and yes, we are spending the whole weekend together. No, we don't really know them. But we do! Yes, they are real people. No, not one of them is really a man! Yes, I do know them and they are lovely. Yes, I have seen pictures. I have read between the lines of their many words. I have enjoyed reaching out to these women across the cyberspace and I am a better person for it. We all are. We have grown in so many ways and we share a connection beyond blogspot, facebook and google. We do know each other and the wonderful thing is...we want to know more!!!
I am grateful for you Roban, Peggy, Julie and AnneMarie. Can't wait for another visit!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Lovely post Wendy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a amazing blessing to meet you and the other girls at the weekend.
May you always share your abundant light with others dear friend.
Namaste
Peggy xxxxx
"Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind." ~~~Lionel Hampton
It was wonderful meeting you as well. I thank God for our friendship. This weekend was so worthwhile. We will do it again.
ReplyDeleteI consider each of you dear friends even though we are miles apart. I think that was why I was so disappointed with my grounded flights. This was a time to take that cyber friendship into the real world at last.
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to pretend I was there anyway!
Hugs,
Roban we pretended you were there the whole weekend. You were a great part of our conversation. As you can see I STILL haven't got over your plane cancellation!
ReplyDeleteLove you dearly Roban....and of course Julie, Annemarie and Wendy.