My hiatus from blogging gave me the opportunity to complete many other projects that have become valuable both personally and professionally. Yet there is so much to miss, especially the wonderful words of blog friends who have continued their dedication to their blogs.
I've been thinking about how refreshing it is to start something new. I've been grant writing, project managing, and planning and organizing. All things that I find I do well. The challenges have been many. Time management. Setting and meeting deadlines. Working cooperatively with others. Encouraging others and meeting fear head on. Fear can get the best of you when trying something new but if you can press on toward your goal you will find that there are so many gifts along the way.
Of course, there is also loss when trying something new. Giving up something well loved in order to find out what you are made of. That untraveled path at first does not seem near as smooth as the one you have been on. That comfortable road that you could walk easily. Dare you leave it and go another way?
The good news, and there is good news and that is that when you come back to the familiar, like blogging you just pick up where you left off, no rules. Your fingers fit nicely on the key board and there is much more to say because you've been on that new traveled road. And you really don't mind if you are the only one around.
Hello my comfortable blog. It's me, maybe a bit tired but also refreshed. Different for having stepped back and worked on new goals. And still thinking abundantly and still grateful for all that I have. What a blessing!

Hello, friend. Were your ears burning? Miruspeg and I were on the phone last night talking about our future get together and we realized how much we missed you.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you were able to explore the things you enjoy. I love grant writing although it has been awhile.
Happy blogging,
Annemarie
Welcome back, I have rejoined blogging as well...New goals are important especially as we get a little older otherwise I think we have a tendency to become stagnant.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you again! :) I've missed your wisdom in living gratefully and abundantly! How nice to have some time to do things you wanted to. Glad you're back!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderfully productive break. I think we all need that every now and then.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back.
LOVELY reading a blog update from you Wendy!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a coincidence that your name was mentioned within hours of you posting on this blog.....oh how I love coincidences.
You haven't lost you touch when it comes to expressing your wise words on this comfortable blog.
Each day I feel grateful to wake and see the world in a new light. Also I feel very blessed with the friendships I have formed.
It is going to be so special meeting you in real life Wendy.
Keep shining.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxx