Monday, March 2, 2009

Laughing Out Loud

I could not resist this song list for the month. Although these are old and a bit dorky, you just cannot listen with out a grin or two. There are so many ways to build laughter into your life. We get started in our day and before we know it we are "singing the blues"! We'll, not me. At least not in March. I want to have more wrinkles from smiles than frowns, I want to lower my blood pressure (experts say laughing does this), and I want to keep on the sunny side....there is just too much out there that can bring us down. We get to decide what we put into our minds.
A friend of mine recently participated in "Laughter Yoga" at an event he attended. Although it was a bit of a strange experience at first...the result was a room full of happy and relaxed people. I looked this up and there is an "American School of Laughter Yoga" and there are Laughter Yoga clubs around the country. Visit their website and watch a short Youtube video about laughter yoga as presented on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Youtube is no stranger to providing all the laughter you can muster. My personal favorites are the laughing baby videos. Here is the link to one of my favorite belly laughs. "Baby Laughing at the Wii".
I also spent an evening last weekend watching a video of Tim Hawkins, a Christian stand up comedian. He performs at churches across the country and I have to say, I released more than a few chuckles listening to him. His website and Youtube provide short videos to give you a sample of his work.
Okay, so no excuses. Try a bit of laughter this week. I feel better already!

In closing, turn off my song play list and enjoy this favorite from Mary Poppins!


Abundance is...looking for joy and finding it!

17 comments:

  1. aweome play list. i'll be back to listen to this! i'll share it wiht my kids.

    "If I were, the King of the world..." LOVE IT.

    What about Baby Elephants? Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Poppins is one of my FAVORITE Disney movies ever! Thanks for the smile!

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! How fun for you! LOVE THIS! And I love love love to laugh! LOL! It's one of my worst faults actually... laughing all the time.. hehehe! Happy March! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed that. Thanks!!! I didn't laugh much at all yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughter truly is the best medicine. It also increases joy and gratitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mary Poppins...I so needed to read this post...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FUN post! I love the songs you chose, and I LOVE this scene from Mary Poppins! Thanks for the laughs!

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try so hard to find things to laugh about every day. Honestly, without laughter, I really wouldn't make it each day! Truly! Love the playlist! And, btw, have you heard of Brian Regan? He has been pretty popular in recent years, but he is one of the cleanest, funniest comedians I have ever heard! He makes you laugh about daily, life things. He's great!
    "If we couldn't laugh, we'd all go insane!" --Jimmy Buffet (in all his wisdom!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my absolute fav movies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the song list! And the new background!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite movie! My girls love it and we enjoy many movie nights with this film. Everyone needs a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...I just wrote a post about laughing more! I assure you that it will make your day...

    http://thezeninyou.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/we-need-to-laugh-more/

    And I want to try laughter yoga, I heard it's awesome. Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couldn't agree with you more. Laughter is a wonderful source of relaxation and happiness. All I have to do usually is spend an hour or so with my girls to get more than enough laughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely something I needed today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally hate to be the downer here, but I think I would get up and walk our of a yoga session if it has music playing like this. I am all about looking for joy and finding it....but in the EVERY DAY things.

    At yoga, I want my inner peace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the nifty playlist! I'm coming back tommorrow to listen.

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!