Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Express Devotion

I set a goal for 2009, to focus on abundance. Not for my blog, not to inspire others but for me. For each month of this year I have aspired to focus on aspects of life that I feel define abundance in my life. It is the beginning of February and very appropriately I have chosen to focus on the act of expressing devotion.

I so enjoy reading what others have written about ways they express devotion every day.

I admire the devotion of soldiers to their country, of spouses of soldiers who wait and create a loving home while their soldier's are deployed.

I admire those who speak of devotion to their children, who show them every day by guiding them, playing with them, reading to them and teaching them the lessons of this world. Those who envision a bright future for their children.

I admire those who are devoted to caring for their ailing parents and siblings, those who provide emotional support to friends and family who struggle financially or experience treatment for cancer.

I admire those who speak of devotion to their faith, who are unafraid to express this devotion by living their faith and doing for others. Those who pray daily for those many who ask.

I admire those who on a daily basis express outwardly, devotion to the ones they love. Those that they have chosen to share life with. That special kind of love for others whether a spouse or a best friend creates such an abundance of joy.

I will spend February expressing devotion in all of these special ways. It is through this expression that I feel my own life will be more abundant. I have created a special play list of some of my favorite songs of devotion. Some will make you smile because they are from the memories of a loving past. Many may be a favorite of yours.

I wish for you, that you have loved ones who express devotion to you.

Abundance is....choosing my devotions wisely.

16 comments:

  1. I love this post and the music that accompanies it. I always love singing Rod Stewart's You're in My Heart You're in my Soul. Aaaah! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to copy a few of your songs and idea to update my playlist! Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it seems love and devotion is the theme of the day. You will have to read Peggy's & Caroline's posts when you get up.

    I hope your February is full of love and devotion.

    and to quote Smokey Robinson, "I second that emotion."

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Coach!

    I admire your commitment, devotion and talent of expressing how abundant living can make our lives much more rewarding.

    I also enjoyed scanning through your 33 songs (you know I always count). My favourite is "Islands in the Stream", I truly love that song.

    Hugs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are so right about this...I think if more people felt the love and devotion of others...the world would be a better place! To give and receive this kind of love is such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'm right there with you! I so agree! I think February is an awesome month to show abundance of devotion! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved that word thing you did with "Abuandant" over at Peg's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful play list. I've never heard that Helen Reddy song. It was also veyr nice to revisit Debby Boone - always a favorite from childhood. I am back in fourth grade, wearing my favorite green shorts dreaming of being a teenager. Devotion - what a great notion in our give up and give in world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't take devotion lightly. You can have my trust, my respect and my love. But if you have my devotion, you have everything I have to give. And you are likely my God, my family or my friend.

    What a great thing to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sitting here listening to your songs.... so many of which I loved growing up and love now! Some are even on my iPod.

    I used to pretend John Denver was my long-lost brother.... hee hee And the Partridge Family album was the first album I ever owned. I didn't even have a turntable at the time.

    Once again, you have written a wonderful, thought-provoking post. You are always so insightful, which makes me step back and look at my own life a little more deeply.

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are a special person. May everything you give to, wish/pray for others be multiplied and returned to you in...yes, abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brillant! I love your focus and commitment to self improvement. I am always inspired by your posts. May we have have a deep commitment to those ideals we cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Devotion - what a wonderful thought, and what we can be devoted to. I wish you well this month, on your journey of abundance with devotion in the many aspects of your life...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by again to let you know my hard disk died yesterday, so I might be off the air for a few days.....I think the heat was too much for my computer! Nearly 100 degrees AGAIN today.

    So this will give me a chance to catch up on some reading and watching some of the movies my good neighbour has downloaded for me.

    Hope all is well and I ejoyed listening to some of your songs again.

    Love
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just wonderful! Devotion...something I don't think of often enough. I will spend some time pondering and reflecting this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!