It is already here, Day 31 of this new year. Thirty One days ago I chose a WORD. A simple WORD that would be the focus of my days in 2009. The question for me was, how will a WORD impact the way I am living. How will this one WORD teach me, challenge me, make me want to be a better person.
My WORD is Abundance. No surprise there, and I have posted about my Abundance Quest.
Well, here at Day 31 I am pleased to say that I have four other amazing women friends who have all chosen a WORD for 2009. We have planned a little project to support each other throughout the year. This is the last day of the month and we are posting together about our WORD.
We are each choosing our own format but have collectively written an acrostic for our WORD. We hope this inspires you to reflect on the WORD you have chosen, or choose a WORD and join us...it's not to late.
Miruspeg from Middle Age Ramblings chose BALANCE.
Believe in yourself.
Allow the positive energy to flow your way.
Look, learn, laugh and Love.
Always allow for a few stumbles along the way.
Never give up or stop trying.
Climb that mountain, till you reach the top.
Enjoy the journey.
Roban from Moments In Time chose FAITH AND JOY.
Freedom to enjoy life's precious moments.
Acceptance of God's plans.
Imagining the possibilities.
Trusting that my life is in God's capable and loving hands.
Humbling myself as I relinquish control.
Joy is…celebrating
Joyful
mOments
everY day!
Octamom chose EXCELLENCE.
Energetically
eXacting
unCommon
rEsults
Leaning
whoLly
dEpendant
oN a
peaCeful
rEdeemer
McMGrad89 from So I Was Just Thinking chose DISCIPLINE.
Develop better habits of daily living.
Inform friends of my plans. They will keep you accountable.
Sleep at least 7 hours a week night.
Cook 5 days a week.
Impossible will no longer be a part of my vocabulary.
Plan weekly meals.
Leave the house on time to relieve stress.
Inactivity will not be tolerated.
New sneakers will be purchased immediately!
Exercise at least three days a week.
January was "Sing a New Song" and I learned that music will heal your soul, finishing an old project is gratifying, and learning a new skill WILL create abundance.
Atone for your hurtfulness.
Bid farewell to judgment.
Utilize your mind.
Notice your surroundings.
Draw on support from friends.
Acknowledge the gifts of others.
Nullify negativity.
Create moments of meaning.
Embrace the little things.
Mr. Linky was unable to make it today but I would love to know if you choose to post an acrostic of your WORD. I would love it if you would lead me to your post so that I can share in your word focus as well. The last day of every month we will post a new "Reflecting On Our Words"...stay tuned, seek inspiration, and above all live each day Abundantly.
If you want to know more about choosing a word go to where we all became inspired..Caroline at The Zen In You will show you the way!
Abundance is....using WORDS to guide us.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How neat that you are supporting each other in the new word venture. May each of you have more of it every month of 09 and beyond. :)
ReplyDeleteI saw this at Peggy's site also - and was over there and posted what it meant to me. I think this is an awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! We did it!
ReplyDeleteI stayed up late tonight so I could read all the posts. It is now 12.20am Sunday morning.
ReplyDeleteHappiness is having a WORD to focus on and friends to share the journey.
Have a great weekend.
Peggy
What an inspiring place to be! so glad I stopped in this morning *smiling*
ReplyDeletei am shouting FAB-U-LOUS! love it! thanks for the inspiration. i need to think of mine now.
ReplyDeleteGreat project!
ReplyDeleteI love language and words!
yes yes yes
I ditto Peggy's words...! You set this up perfectly with your post. I'm so glad we're doing this together!
ReplyDeleteRoban
Hey there! Love the way you explained our co-effort here! And, of course, I love what 'abundance' means to you--and how I am the thankful recipient of how it then spills over into my life through you--
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Wishing you many days of abundance in the next year!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! As I told Octamom, I'm not cool enough for an acrostic, but I did make mine into a match formula....
ReplyDeleteThank + Give = Thrive :)
I just love this! I am posting my acrostic tomorrow...stay tuned!
ReplyDeleteI love all of 'em. So inspirational, and I need that right now.
ReplyDeletelove this:) i'm working on mine...
ReplyDeletedid you know that (one of?) your blogger profile doesn't link back to your own blog? it just lists who you follow.
shalom, friend.
Thank you to Octamom, Annemarie, Roban and Peggy for making this such a fun beginning to our year of posts.
ReplyDelete