Today I read a very timely post. Carrie at Raising World Changers posted about buying online. What was so poignant about her post was the part where she left feedback about her seller and the purchase. What she suggested is that although she always tried to be honest and fair about her feedback the experience caused her to think about what kind of "feedback" someone might leave about her, about her life and how she was living it. Would we receive one star or five?Today was a big fat one star day for me. This is only January 12th and I didn't even make it 12 days without having a day of regret for one of my reactions. The details are unimportant but the impact is. No matter how much abundance we strive for, there are days when we faulter. Do we wake up one morning and say, I think I'll just earn one star today? I don't think so. I think it comes from not keeping our eye on the ball. It comes from fatique, from letting others influence our behavior and buying in to negative energy that can be all around us.
The fact is, the feedback is often well deserved, regretful as it is. What will I learn from my one star feedback today.It is possible to hurt those we love the most without meaning to.
It is possible to act in ways that in no way resembles what is in our heart.
It is possible to be unaware of how our reactions or words hurt and disappoint someone else.
If I want a life of abundance I have to find a way to recognize the lack of abundant moments and apologize for them. To not let one moment go past without sharing that regret and try the next day and the next day to get a do-over with sincerity and thoughtfulness.
We do make mistakes and hopefully the whole of our spirit will not be judged by one moment but by the "years of days" when we did have more five star days.
Thank you Carrie!
Abundance is...having more five star days than one star days!
The photo above is credited to www.eBay.com. I am an avid fan of eBay, a buyer and a five star feedback giver! Like ebay, I strive for five star days.
What a great post, and what a wonderful way to think about how we live our lives.
ReplyDeleteYou're a Five Star lady to me!
ReplyDeleteHUGS! I hate one star days! You are right about having more 5 star days than anything else!
ReplyDeleteI certainly know how it feels to think I've put my foot in my mouth (AGAIN) and want to right the record with others.
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for grace. God gives it liberally and abundantly. I hope your loved one will also have a forgiving heart.
We can't be 5 star all the time. That is why Jesus came!
We'll have 5 stars days...except when we don't. And while the moments of our life count - that some of them are less than perfect, that's okay - in the end - where have we spent more time - near the 5 or near the 1? I see 5 stars written all over you!
ReplyDeleteOh...I understand...You know what to do and I am sure you have already said you were sorry! I just really hate it when I behave in a way that hurts someone else especially if they really didn't deserve it!
ReplyDeleteTake responsiblity and say that you are sorry... Now...forgive yourself fully with grace!
Have a wonderful 5 star day!
Great post. I completely understand the big, fat one-star days. I have more of them myself than I like to admit. What a great way of looking at the new year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I know my days are certainly not all five star. Some days a I feel like I am doing so good and then...bam...I yell at my kids, or cut my husband off with a snide remark. That isn't me. I don't want to sound like that. I think you are exactly right about the things that get in our way.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping for a five star day today!
Great post! Indeed, we all have one star days... As we speak, I am having a 1 star moment (but it's really my ego being damaged). Someone remarked about something I did very negatively (which I meant absolutely no harm). But I am realizing now that we just can't please everyone (try as we might). So I am trying to neutralize this situation and let it "be." I am moving on and letting it go...
ReplyDeleteThank you coach for your honest talk on this subject. I am so grateful that my post inspired you. There are many times in my life when I have messed up and I was hoping that with the new year I could turn over a new leaf. Changing myself and my habits means that I have to admit that there is a problem to begin with.
ReplyDeleteBlogging is my avenue for self improvement/correction. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this.
You do deserve 5 stars for this post!
Timely post, indeed. Sounds like you and I had the same day yesterday! Thanks for the great reminder that we can wipe the slate clean and start anew with each day.
ReplyDeleteDana
Striving for 5 stars today...
PS - will I see you on the 27th? Hope so!
Wonderful parallel. I seem to fall short of 5 stars frequently. I'll have to work on that! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to think about things. We could all do well to strive for more five star days.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to think about things. We could all do well to strive for more five star days.
ReplyDeleteI give this post five stars! Good job as always.
ReplyDeleteThanks for making today a 'Five Star Day' for me.
ReplyDeleteThoroughly enjoyed the banter and the playing with music.
Hugs
Peggy
Loved reading this thoughtful post. I'm wondering how many stars my daughter would give me today. I'll have to keep this in mind as I go through my upcoming days. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI like that 5 star concept! I am positive you will have a better day tomorrow!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove is being capable of asking forgiveness. And granting it as well.
ReplyDeleteLove this analogy, of striving for excellent feedback in all our interactions!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!