Thursday, January 1, 2009

Post #100 on 01-01-09

It is my 100th post and it feels so good to begin the New Year with this milestone. For the first day of this New Year I have been thinking about the "WORD" I have chosen to symbolize 2009. I have chosen "Abundance" as it has served me well since August when I began this blog. I do think a word can be overused and in its overuse lose its power. So, I wanted to just briefly share how I hope the use of this word as a "New Year's Resolution" will empower and help mold the next 365 days for me.

First, just thinking and posting about abundance has caused me to be more aware of it in my daily life. I have also been aware of the days when I did not allow abundance to penetrate my thoughts and influence my actions. This year I want by "WORD" to have not "wings" to fly, but "feet" to walk and act. Abundance is an Action...or it cannot be embraced.

I have chosen 12 actions, one for each month to help ground me and give me something to grow with. I want to share them so that I will be accountable for change. It seems we can easily make attempts at resolutions but disregard them at the first sign of difficulty and stress.

Here are my 12 for 2009: (Only a list today, I will be posting on the last day of each month about how I was able to give these actions "feet".) I have also created a scrapblog symbol for me to focus on as I work toward my goals.


1. Sing A New Song.


2. Express Devotion.


3. Laugh Out Loud.


4. Spring a Step Forward.


5. Enjoy Success.


6. Inspire Another.


7. Rewind...then Record New Tapes.


8. Create for Others.


9. Acknowledge Beauty.


10. Remember to Dance.


11. Share Attention.


12. Appreciate Others.


I encourage everyone to find a way to maintain a focus of growth in 2009. I think that each person will find their own way to do this. If you are choosing to do something in any type of structured way, I would love to hear from you so that I can keep up with your posts and help encourage and support your efforts.

If you want to choose a word and want some ideas, see Caroline at "The Zen In You" for her resource online.

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments about my abundance quotes throughout the year, your encouragement mattered so much!

Abundance is ...the promises we keep to ourselves.

21 comments:

  1. How wonderful...I will look forward to your posts on this topic! I think it will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abundance is reading your posts! What a great idea to outline your year like this. I'm looking forward to following you as you embark on this journey.

    Congratulations on creating 100 posts! That definitely is a milestone!

    Happy New Year,
    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I do hope that this year brings you an abundance of happiness, joy and miracles! Congrats on 100 today...looking forward to a few hundred more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Coach you made this Aussie smile reading this post, mainly because you already have a LIST!

    Kudos to you my friend for making your 100th post utterly Abundant. Having The Carpenter's beautiful voices singing "Sing" made it that much more special.

    It will be very interesting 'walking' with you through your 'Acts of Abundance'.

    Cheers
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abundance...I love that word! And, it really is so evident here. How you've broken this down - by monthly goals - very neat idea! I'm looking forward to your reports on how it goes in each of these sub-categories. I'm going to choose a word for the year too (...I still need to do that!)...this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and Happy 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post for your 100th!
    I am so happy to read that the word is Abundance!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and happy 100th post!
    I will enjoy following your commitment to those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you heartfelt congratulations on your 100th post!! And what a terrific new year post. Happy New Year 2009!! You are such an inspiring person and I thank you for that...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't think of another 100th post with so much "meat". What a meaningful way to start the New Year. It certainly inspired me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am completely in love with your post. And your word. In fact, I consider John 10:10 my life verse. My word this year is YES!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year and 100th post!
    Thank you for your encouraging words over on Mozi Esme! You're an inspiring lady. So nice to meet you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas...and great aspirations for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, will be working with a word. It is discipline. Discipline in my chores, eating, my students and my own children. I tend to live a lackadaisical life in every aspect. It is my goal to get out of my laziness and move forward to a more productive life. We'll see how that works out for me. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a great post, and your goals are worthy. blessings to you on your abundant journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 100th post!

    Abundance is being inspired to new heights by your friends. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your 100th post...abundance...great word and great idea...good luck!
    ♥liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your 100th post! I like your 12 those are very important and easy to accomplish. I'm looking forward to many more of your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been so successful in 100 posts. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outline for the year! What a great idea. My husband and I just sat down and decided we want to work on the following actions (for the year, or more as needed): thank, give, thrive.

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!