Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kimberly's Magical Yellow Shoes

I read a post that made my day! As you know I have had a little break this week from posting. I spent some time online tonight and I cannot wait to share with you a little jewel of a post that will make you smile. I have heard a lot of bad news this week....the economy...the stock market ...banker's bonuses...the housing market. Turn on your TV and your radio and you will hear it...bad news. Well, it's not all bad, you just have to know where to look and blogging with your friends will help!


Whatever your WORD that you have chosen for yourself this year...should it be about Abundance, Balance, Excellence, Devotion, Joy, Deserving, Faith, Gratitude or any other wonderful word that will impact your life in this year... I read about another word today that made me smile...YELLOW SHOES...YES...YELLOW SHOES!!


Curious yet? Well, my friend Kimberly at Take a Nothing Day, Make It All Worthwhile is a classroom teacher who posts about all of the funny and frustrating experiences teaching little ones. If you have children in school or read about our education system and wonder if there are
teachers as amazing as the ones you use to look up to, I can assure you there are, and Kimberly is one of them. She had a Yellow Shoe Day, and you must go to her blog to read about it and get inspired.

And, if you don't have a pair of yellow shoes...you will want to buy some as soon as possible! :)


Tell her I sent you and give her your praises of encouragement as she works everyday to impact those little lives, and then come back and share with me how she has changed how you look at today!


This Yellow Shoe picture found on Flickr at You Can Count On Me

Abundance is...A Yellow Shoe Day!

14 comments:

  1. You are SO sweet! Thank you so much for the shout out! I'm not sure I am deserving of such high praise, but I sure aspire to be! :) I sure appreciate your kindness. I also appreciate every ounce of support as I continue through this crazy, beuatiful experience of teaching these little ones.
    Thanks again. YOU have just made MY day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! Going check out that link now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a really inspiring post!!

    Thanks for your positive spirit and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! So while I was at Angie's leaving a comment this morning, I saw your pic and headline! And it made me think instantly of my closet editor friend Kimberly who I love, who posted yesterday about her magic yellow shoes. So I clicked on here, totally expecting to send Kimberly this link!!! Little did I know, you were her friend and had read her blog too!
    WOW! Hi! Small world right? And I LOVE her blog! She's one of the greatest, most giving people in the world!!! I know, I met her in the Azores (portugal) and have loved her ever since! So how do you know Kimberly? Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical yellow shoes, what a lovely story, I love the concept of Yellow Shoe Day.
    I will remember the story and will use it and see the impact it has on the children in the Learning Ground in Mt Druitt.
    Kimberly is certainly a very inventive teacher.
    There are so many amazing people here on the blogosphere.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, on my way! Thanks for the inspiration and visit today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny - although I dont' think I would ever wear yellow shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can yellow shoes not make you happy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post. I need to get me a pair of those shoes! Thanks for sharing her blog, I want to follow her story it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too fun! Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool, I'll check out her blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, you're an inspiration. Kimberely is such a great person, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute. I have to say I have never owned yellow shoes.

    Speaking of yellow, I meant to tell you I would imagine you could use yellow squash for that pie. It's so easy so there won't be much loss if it doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!