Wednesday, January 28, 2009
New Meaning to "Let's Take a Spin!!"
Wow! It has been a week since I have posted...I really had no idea. Here is why...Oklahoma has had its first ice storm of the winter. Not your pretty fluffy stuff that snow days are made of but the icy, sleet that coats the roadways. Since my last post we heard about the pending storm and had been waiting for it. On Monday, the morning went as usual and then the sleet began. I left work early at the advice of family and friends. The short commute ended up taking several hours and not without a few "exciting" spins on the highway. My car was not touched but I think I might have had an extreme grip on the steering wheel because I have been really sore for a few days. While having my snow day I finished my daughter's quilt and started my little knitting project. I have enjoyed some tennis from the Australian Open and our Oklahoma University Sooners Basketball. I was a little gun shy this morning when I headed out for work on the refrozen highway. All went well. Looks like we have blown the ice and snow toward the east so to all of my more Eastern blog friend be careful out there!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
we have tons of snow here...and it's stinking cold too! don't you just hate the slippery travel...and taking forever to get anywhere? but, it's all ok when you can watch tennis!!
ReplyDeleteI was worried about you when I checked my follow reader the other day and saw you hadn't updated in three or four days. i'm glad you're doing ok. it can be dangerous on the roads, but it may even be more dangerous spending time with four people with cabin fever. hahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteOh man! That ice sleet stuff can be brutal! We got that stuff in Kentucky and it was so scary! I'm glad you are okay though!
ReplyDeleteIce storms are pretty to photograph...but that about all the good that comes from that! Glad to know all is well.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you are ok!! We have had a ton of snow....more than a foot. The roads were very slippery today. I was very glad my husband was driving and we didn't have far to go!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're okay! Stay safe - those spins are scary...
ReplyDeleteGlad your fine. We had icy weather too, but no snow day because of it. It was gone in less than 24 hours. I was off Wednesday anyway, so it didn't matter.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending it our way.
Glad you have been safe in the storm. There are many days into between my posts lately. Glad you had some time to work on your crafts.
ReplyDeleteIce Storms are the worst! LOL! We have been through a couple here in previous years and they are so scary. I hope things get better soon. Stay warm and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteNice post
ReplyDeleteI have an idea for a tuesday tale
I will email you -
glad you are safe and sound
your story makes me thankful for my california weather
Guess you don't wanna hear about my flip flops and short sleeves today. :) Stay safe out there on the roads, lady.
ReplyDeleteso happy to hear you finished the quilt!
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad you weren't hurt at all. Other than that, it sounds like you had a nice week off.
ReplyDelete