It happens to be where we worship every week but it also is a place that I am passionate about preserving. So many want to embrace the new and build huge modern structures. The idea that if you build it..and build it big.. they will come. That may in fact be true as churches try to relate to the young or young at heart.
I however feel that there is much to learn and to gain from embracing what is old and what has lived though the ages. This amazing structure is beautiful but it needs some renovation, some polishing. I am working hard to help the wonderful people of this congregation move forward to preserve this beautiful structure so that in 100 more years, it can still be a viable place of worship.

The beautiful stained glass, the rich woodwork, the working pipe organ and the beautiful stained glass dome. This is the character of not just a building but of several lifetimes of families who gathered to worship God and support each other.
I hope that the dream can be realized!
Abundance is...appreciating what we have and doing all we can to preserve it.

For other's who are abundantly participating in Angie's Wordful Wednesday visit her at "SEven Clown Circus"
What a beautiful Church! I agree with you that sometimes wonderful old things are worth preserving. What a history.
ReplyDeletegorgeous post!!
ReplyDeleteHope this all works out!
What a magnificent church. Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI think its beautiful and I agree it should be around for another 100+ years!
ReplyDeletei have an affinity for old buildings. especially churches and missions...so cool!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely!!!! I would be right there with you on the preservation!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Wordful is an update on Winston's Ladybug stool. Come on over if you can, I so love visitors and their comments!!! Happy day to you.
It is a beautiful church! I know there is this feeling now a days that bigger and spankin' new is the way to go but I love just going to churches...It is cliche but the People are the church not the building and people are imperfect...
ReplyDeleteIt would be a terrible shame not to perserve something so beautiful and full of history!
What a beautiful church. It really bothers me that so many new churches don't even look like churches anymore.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful building! Good luck in your preservation efforts!
ReplyDeleteChurches have some of the most beautiful architecture and designs out there!
ReplyDeleteIt really is a beautiful building. Thank you for sharing and I wish you luck in your venture to preserve it.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful.....I hope that all of your efforts of preservation pay off. It would be a real shame to tear that down!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great old building.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful building! I am all about preservation. It breaks my heart to see old homes in my neighborhood being torn down to make way for a new one. I think the old ones have so much character. That's why I live in one that is over 60 years old!
ReplyDeleteUgh, no! No more giant ugly churches! I'm younger but I prefer the older buildings ~ the history, the stories & the beauty.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is really cool! That pipe organ is magnificent -- we have a couple of big ones here in Utah too.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are so passionate about the building and it's history. That's wonderful that you get to worship in such a building every week. I love buildings with a rich history. My wife and I were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple -- it was 101 years old at the time (and took forty years to build) and we love it.
This is a great example of abundance.
By the way, I just learned that my BYU Cougars are going to play your Oklahoma Sooners in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium for the first game of the 2009 College football season. I'm a little nervous.
I love old churches. It would be a tragedy to tear something so beautiful down. I hope your work is rewarded.
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by and picking up your award. You beat me to it! LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh, I agree. I love old buildings and homes and feel so sad when they tear them down. The newer homes just aren't the same! Beautiful church!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to serve God and his place of worship! New churches often don't have the same charm and feeling of home that old ones do. I think that is soooo important to feel at home in your church both with the congregation and minister but also in it's walls.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! That is a beautiful church and it would be a shame to give up beauties like this for more "modern" structures!
ReplyDeleteGreat post
ReplyDeleteand I like your new digs
very pink and red - very nice
Oh it is gorgeous, I can see why you're passionate about it! Would love to hear that organ played :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post and a beautiful building. I hope your dream is realized. I think everyone could benefit from preserving and rebuilding things we currently have, apppreciating it and taking care of it. That is an important lesson that can go a long way.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great weekend!
I stumbled on your blog while following a tag backwards. I was touched to read your explanation of AVT. I applaud your work at preserving your special church.
ReplyDeleteYour church is beautiful. Good luck as you work to preserve it!
ReplyDeleteI've always liked "old" things, too. Older homes always win me over!
Roban
What a beautiful church... I think there is something so rich and meaningful about worshipping in a place with such history and character!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place! I love the pipe organ!
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful--I know your amazing community will rise to the challenge!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!