This is a most talented songwriter/singer Richard Leigh. You might know him most for writing the song "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" made famous by Crystal Gayle. See his website for other songs that have been sung by countless artists.He was one of the artists at the recent Red River music festival. The lyrics of his songs are so heart felt. He is really an amazing artist. I was touched by his lyrics and his performance.
My favorite song of his is "Come From The Heart". Kathy Mattea recorded this song in the 80's.
When I was a young girl, my daddy told me,
a lesson he learned, it was a long time ago.
If you want someone to hold on to,
your gonna have to learn to let go.
You have to sing, like you don't need the money,
Love, like you'll never get hurt,
You gotta dance, like nobody's watching,
It's got to come from the heart if you want it to work.
Now here is the one thing, I keep forgetting,
When everything is falling apart,
In life there's enough, no I need to remember,
There's such a thing as trying to hard.
You have to sing, like you don't need the money,
Love, like you'll never get hurt,
You gotta dance, like nobody's watching,
It's got to come from the heart if you want it to work.
These are beautiful words and if you want to hear the song here is the link to Kathy's Youtube
performance. There is no embedding allowed on this song.
What a risk it takes to really love, to grow relationships, to step outside of ourselves and create an abundant life. How many times in my life have I let fear hold me back from something really beautiful. As I have sought to have abundance in my life, I have really tried to let go of my fears. The September issue of Oprah magazine has some great articles about empowerment and letting go of fear. The front cover says "You're Stronger Than You Know, How to tap into your true power and really make it work for you. What a challenge this is. Putting my picture on this blog was for me "dancing like nobody's watching." In my relationships I am loving like I won't get hurt. I am expecting not to get hurt and I am getting outside of myself and initiating communication that is the most authentic I can be.
What is your fear and what is holding you back?
Abundance is...letting go and reaping all of the benefits!
Coach, I know this post is straight from your heart and you do yourself proud!
ReplyDeleteThat Crystal Gayle song was one of my favourites back in 1977. When I was feeling insecure and unsure of myself, these words hit a cord for me:
"Tell me no secrets, tell me some lies.
Give me no reasons, give me alibis
Tell me you love me and don't make me cry.
Say anything but don't say goodbye"
Now it is 2009 I have a different perspective on life. I feel we sometimes need to step outside what others tell us to do - the conformity and security of the approved way - and follow our hearts.
I also recognise that we teach best what we need to learn ourselves. I spend most of my life now encouraging others to communicate from the heart. The way to do it is to hold that heavy albatross in our hands and go forward anyway.
In business, and in life, I tried new ideas. I did some of the things I've always wanted to. Who knew where it will lead? Until I decided to give those things a go, nothing was going to change.
As I began to stretch and push my fears further away, I grew in awareness, confidence and strength. It has been a wonderful adventure and a great journey and I know it will continue.
I am delighted you are back blogging, sharing your abundant wisdom.
Blessing always.
Peggy xxxxx
Getting to read your post and Peggy's comment was like getting a two-for-one today! How wonderful to log on and see two of the best and most authentic writers sharing their thoughts in one spot.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure my indecisiveness is my way of holding back.... If I won't commit and make a decision, I don't have to worry about the outcome. That includes pitching article ideas to magazines and taking that step to obtain my master's degree.
(I also worry about taking on more than I can do well.)
I echo Peggy's words.... Welcome back!
Roban
So, so true! The greatest of life's gifts often come when we listen deeply to our heart...and then "do".
ReplyDeleteAnd it's so awesome to see your picture here! And great to see you back and writing!
i think i'm going to start stalking the blogs peg reads so i can read her comments. ha! she's brilliant. i can't remember what i was going to say now. I do love that song though.
ReplyDelete