Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hot Chili Days and Cool Mountain Nights

Very soon I will be heading west to "the mountains of New Mexico" to Red River for the "Hot Chili Days, Cool Mountain Nights" music festival. It is always a surreal experience to go from the
city, work and highways to this small town with a big fabulous view surrounding us where ever we look. It is strange how it works. When I get there, I become introspective, I breathe deeper, smiler bigger, gaze longer. I always say to myself..I am going to take a piece of this home with me. I then take the 9 hr drive home and almost by the time I get to the outskirts of my home I have left pieces of it along the way and "forget" those feelings when I get home. It is a shame because if I could hold on to that in my mind, heart and soul then the mountain air and the beauty of creation would be with me each day. This next week I will have another opportunity to take it all in again and with abundant effort I will hopefully bring more of it home to live with me.
This was the scene last year at the festival. It was our
first year to attend this particular festival. Mike had
his name drawn for a prize...two nights lodging in Red River!
Guess how we are using our certificate?


A true mountain top experience. We ride the ski lift
to the top of the mountain and the concert is on the deck of
the snack hut. You cannot create a background like this
in any mega concert venue. This artist is Richard Leigh.





Every time we go to Red River I get a picture like this.
I never get tired of it. We have so many like this in
our photo collection. There is comfort in knowing
that that mountain will always be there when I need it.





Chillin' and enjoying the music!
Abundance is..Hot Chili Days and Cool Mountain Nights!!



10 comments:

  1. Have a good time. Enjoy the cool nights. I will be thinking of you as we swelter here. Maybe Peggy & I can meet you there next year??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful show we want to participate.........



    ___________________
    Christena
    Payday loans Today

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coach I have a feeling that this year you will able to hold the beauty of this place in your heart and soul and relive it whenever you wish.

    I agree with Annemarie, we will be in the vicinity next August so we would love to tag along.

    This post reminded me of a Tina Turner song - "River Deep, Mountain High".
    And these lyrics from the song:
    "Cause it grows stronger, like a river flows
    And it gets bigger baby, and heaven knows
    And it gets sweeter baby, as it grows".

    Enjoy!

    Much love
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I have never heard of this festival and I lived in NM for a while. I actually just got back from visiting there this past week. Love NM!!! :) Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lovely place to sit back and enjoy the surroundings (and the music!). I bet you do hang on to those feelings this year.... (Do you have a photograph of the mountain view somewhere near by? I keep a copy of a "joy" picture in my gradebook where I can't help but see it every day).

    EnJOY your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to spend time. Oh How I love the trees and the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh....New Mexico! What I wouldn't give for a dose of the mountains right now! Well...I'll be getting my fix as we are leaving next week for the other side of the U.S.!! Not NM this time, but the Badlands! I adore NM and love spending time there!! A couple of my faves....Cloudcroft, Taos, Santa Fe!! Have a wonderful time and breathe in some of that mountain air and bring it back with you. It's good for the soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you described the way you felt when you were there and wanting to take it home with you. I wish we could bottle that feeling and drink it up whenever we needed a little extra umphf. I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming by last week and saying hi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm... it's starting to get cool enough here that chili sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!