Monday, August 31, 2009

A Reflection On Our Words.

Life in the month of August is a "get back to" month. For my friends AnneMarie and Roban it is "get back to" teaching school. For Julie it is "get back to" a routine after a summer of traveling the country. For Peggy and me, it is "get back to" blogging and helping in the fundraising for our favorite charities. As a result of our "get back to" days, our reflections are short, sweet but a powerful WORD about how 5 friends from across the world are together still reflecting on our Words.


AnneMarie thinks: Discipline is setting your eyes on the prize, recognizing what you need to do to get there and removing all obstacles that will prevent you from finishing the race.

Peggy thinks: Striving for BALANCE between complexity and simplicity, constantly evaluating and re-evaluating the trade-offs I have to make to get there.

Roban thinks: I have found that JOY is all around me.... It just takes opening my eyes and heart to really see it and feel it!


Julie thinks: Excellence: A process and a discipline, not a destination.


In August, I recognized the ABUNDANCE of seeing old friends, listening to great music, feeling the cool mountain air, and having a real time phone conversation with a good mate!

This photo was taken this weekend at a winery in Oklahoma. The Plymouth Valley Cellars Winery hosted a fundraiser for Hearts for Hearing where I work and enjoy a passion for working with children with hearing loss. The winery is nearing the last day of harvest, we were lucky to see these sweet babes on the vine. Oh, and the wine is excellent I might add, I know from experience!

8 comments:

  1. Well guess what Coach, we posted at exactly the same time...6am in Oklahoma which is 9pm in Sydney!!
    How about that for synchronicity!!

    Beautiful photo of the grapes. Hope it was a very successful fundraiser.

    Much love always mate!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we're making this journey together. I have learned from all of you this year, and I seem to think of your words as well as my own through the course of each day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your words and your pictures...I feel blessed every time I visit...Thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this morning I am pleased to find out that your playlist is no longer blocked on my server. I am especially enjoying Annie Lennox and like the idea that we will be having more rain, but need to remember to buy a raincoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that was me. I didn't realize who I was logged in as this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi
    yes I am barely still in the bloggy world -

    nice post and love the pics of the grapes. School has started and harvest will be upon us before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Wendy, happy birthday to you!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An angel told me it was your birthday.....have a beautiful day Coach.
    Big hugs
    Peg

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!