Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh! My EasyShare isn't just an automatic!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I have been so envious of all my blog friends with the great cameras that take the most amazing photos. I have been using a Kodak EasyShare Z730 and basically turning it on auto and shooting. Last week during our road trip I began messing with the camera and discovered a few new to me settings. I was happy with the way this little camera performed.


So, today for Photo Story Friday, I have a few photos to submit. No chuckling allowed! :)



This is Jed Zimmerman and Mike Addington, singer/songwriter musicians who performed last week at the Red River Music Festival. In this photo they are performing in "The Lodge" during an early morning breakfast concert. This is a very small bar with only a few tables. The full sun was shining in the window and my cool "backlight" setting completely blocked out the rays.



This is most obviously the "self-portrait" setting. I took this while riding in a moving car. You might notice how my life of abundance has had its effect, this would be one of the few personal photos I have shared.


Abundance is...47 and still learning something new every day!

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun when we try our hand at something new and get some great results.
    Well done my abundant friend!

    I have just purchased a new camera and look forward to seeing what creative photos I can capture with all the different settings.

    BTW I hope you weren't driving when you took your self-portrait photo....LOL!!

    Big hugs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice results. Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun to learn new things! I just learned new settings on my camera too and I've had it a year! LOL

    Love your self portarait and your ultra sassy glasses!

    Thanks for popping by - I was excited to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best photo advice I ever received was: take your camera off auto. You truly can enhance your creativity. Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kodak Z series are pretty good cameras. I have 2 of them. keep experimenting and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool. I only use cameraphone for all pictures on my blog. well, some are Dan's work with his Lumix - but very few.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the wonders of modern technology.

    Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figure if you like your camera, can use it and it does the job, life is good! No worries, there was no chuckling here! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! I wish I knew how to work mine better so that I got better photos out of it! I will have to try sometime. I Loved "seeing" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so happy and carefree.... The musician photo turned out great.... I'll have to see if my camera has a backlight feature.

    Isn't it fun to keep learning new things?

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this picture...and I love your attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to keep learning -- I do the same things with my "great cameras" it's amazing what you find out if you just read the manual (but usually that's just white noise to me).

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!