Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sooner Saturday!!


As an OU Alum I have to say this day marks the start of my favorite season of the year. I love the fall! Now in Oklahoma the fall is shortlived. It stays hot until the middle of September and gets cold just after Thanksgiving. So the crisp cool air of fall is something to be appreciated. However, no matter the weather, the excitement of Sooner football is here! It's the tradition, the culture of comraderie, cheer, and a common goal! I grew up with the game day crimson and creme colors hanging from the flagpole outside our front door and although not in the stands we were certainly in front of the tv cheering, screaming, coaching and calling the plays with the best of them.



Yes! It is Sooner Saturday!
Here's to a great season guys!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Coach!

    Found you through Octamom (just tonite found her, too, actually). Quickly fell in love with her site and am enjoying a look around yours!

    Speech Path? 'Before kids,' I was, too --- evals only now for our state birth to 3 program ... and that's only once in a blue moon!

    And around here, the big game is Missouri vs. the Illini --- looks like 31 -20 right now - go Mizzou!

    Have fun blogging! It's great 'therapy' --- for us :)

    I'll have to come back and check in on you!

    Until then, Enjoy and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!
    Glad to see your Sooner Pride! M and 3 are at the arch-rival to the Sooners game today--my, how things change, huh?!

    Okay, just bought the first Stephanie Meyers yesterday and it's all your fault! I'm getting ready to start it--think of me during our usual therapy time tomorrow as I will probably be bleary-eyed and loopy after reading through the night!

    I'm giggling about your Edward comment on Clean Cut--and I have a feeling I'm gonna laugh even harder once I get through the books!

    So glad Karin found you--she left me the most amazing comment after she read about 4 and you and therapy--so precious!

    Blessings!--'see' you next week! We're working hard!

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!