Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Goddess of Abundance"

I have been thinking about abundant living. Not of wealth but of other qualities of life that enrich our souls. We were created to live abundantly. We live in a culture where abundance means something entirely different. I think that is why some find it hard to come to terms with "going green", "sustainability", "conservation". Many of my friends want to get better at living life more simply, more creatively, more abundantly.

As I was searching my favorite photo site Flickr.com, I put the word "abundance" in the search engine. Most of the photos were groupings of beautiful fruits and vegetables and fields of flowers. How refreshing to see "abundance" from the photo eye of so many like minded souls. And then I saw some artwork entitled "Goddess of Abundance". The young woman artist is from Austrailia. She is a writer, a poet, a creater and an inspirer of hope. How wonderful for this young woman that she sees life from the lens of abundance and possiblity. She inspired me! See her amazing blog Goddess Leonie and view her artwork at her Etsy Store. I smiled when I read her blog about the Goddess in each of us. "Goddess: a woman of extraordinary beauty and charm, a greatly admired or adored woman."

We all have so much inside of us whether single young women getting started in new careers, mom's who have a few or many children, mom's who send their children off to school or work at home to provide an education. Women who work in service professions, teach, or heal. I continue to be inspired by the blogs shared by my friend Octamom. These women are so creative, see motherhood as such a blessing, and they share their vision of life in their own spot of the universe. (More about the women in a future blog.) Here's to the understanding that there is plenty of bounty for all to enjoy abundant living equally!!! I pray you see the Goddess in yourself everyday!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice blog you have. I will be back later when I have more time to read and take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just got to read through all your blogs and they are all wonderful! I am proud to have a mom that is such a good blogger! Love you! Love,Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great thoughts. Sometimes we need be be reminded of our worth. In a world of stereotyping, where you need to fit a certain mold (like a size 2), women need to realize that goddesses come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I have to admit that I am sometimes too critical of myself and need to take joy in my abundant life.
    Great Post!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't that great! It's hard to feel like a goddess when we have so many "mundane" obligations. However, we need to dig deep and be sure that we access this very real part of our soul (that is often neglected)! Thanks for forwarding the link!

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!