I think I have adapted pretty well to this world of technology. In the early 90's I taught myself DOS prompts, that was before Windows made it so easy. I carried a pager for my work and then upgraded to a cell phone when they became popular. I did not have a "car phone" but I did have the next model a bit later. I can design a Power Point and I can create a document in Publisher.
But I have to say, 2008 has been a banner year for me in the technology department. I have designed a blog, learned html codes, created scrapblogs and designed a photo book online using Shutterfly.
In 2008 I finally learned the value of web-based photo caches such as Flickr, and used YouTube for the first time. (Don't you dare laugh:))
The iPhone is not in my price range but my Razor is great. This year I have texted more with my phone than any previous year.
Now comes my next challenge with technology. I got an ipod for Christmas!! Now I have to learn how to download from iTunes and create playlists etc. I am excited to learn about them because now I can listen to music more. In my quest for "abundance" in 2009 music will be a part of that.

My husband and I bought iPods for each other so we are a two iPod household. Now we are in the market for a really good dock station with speakers. I see the challenges of living with someone who loves their iPod. This morning he was walking around the house with ear buds in place. I had to scream to the top of my lungs to get his attention so he could answer the door.
Oh, well, we both laughed!!
I have more technology goals in the making...hopefully my learning curve won't be flat!
Abundance is...learning new skills!!
Love it! Blogging has taught me so much about technology too! Enjoy that music!
ReplyDeleteHow funny... I just got an iPod, too! Mine is the Chromatique (sp?) Nano because after buying that one for our daughter for Christmas, my husband decided to upgrade hers to the iTouch. Instead of swapping the Nano, he wrapped it for me!
ReplyDeleteI must admit trying to figure out iTunes late at night is not a good thing. After some frustration (that's an understatement), I went to bed. The next morning it all worked like magic. (Sleep does that for me sometimes!).
I've now downloaded about 10 songs from iTunes and transferred several CDs. I'm loving it! I've always loved music, but with my husband turning TVs on in every room of the house, music has been cast to the side. Like you, I'm bringing it back into my life and am already experiencing abundance through melodies and lyrics.
Enjoy your iPod!
Roban
I remember having to use function keys on wordprocessors before you could point and click. My time in Statistics Class in college was spent learning to use a computer, not learning about mean, mode, median and standard deviations. (Had to go to grad school to learn that.)
ReplyDeleteI sent my mom to school in the 90s to learn these things too. She still doesn't use a computer. It is a very large paper weight in my father's office. We did convince her to get Nintendo DS to play Brain Age which she loves and I bought her an iPod shuffle. I had to download the music for her though. :-)
oh - you are way ahead of me - I REFUSE TO TEXT!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with TandT. No texting for me!! But downloading itunes it still pretty much beyond me. I get weekly "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on my iTunes, and that's about all I can do.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing here - at the picture in my head of your husband walking around oblivious to what you're saying. Maybe I should try that, and I'll have an excuse if my wife tells me I'm not listening to her!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great with technology! I love it - technology - and know that I need to step away a little more often. It is fun stuff, though, isn't it!
Here's to a new year filled with learning all sorts of new things, some of which will continue you down the road of technological genius!
Super cool gifts for one another! They really are a wonderful piece of technology. Izabel got an MP3 player for Christmas as well. For just being shy of 3, she loves and adores it. She has buds in her ear all day long!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Go you! You're doing better than I am. My husband is the big tech geek in our house so I leave a lot for him. It wasn't until blogging that I learned how to download pics from the camera to the mac. And I only used You Tube for the 1st this year too!
ReplyDelete