Monday, December 15, 2008

Family Pride

On Friday, December 12, 2008 my husband and I became the proud parents of a college graduate. Our daughter graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a B.A. degree in Public Relations. She literally worked her way through college with plenty of part time jobs while carrying a full class load each semester. In the summer she worked full-time. She carefully managed student loans and really lived the most economically that she could. I know that when she interviews with companies for a position as a new employee in Public Relations, the potential employers will be impressed with her work ethic and independence. Can you see the pride in our faces? Congratulations E. for a degree well earned!!

18 comments:

  1. Good for her! What an accomplishment! I know you are so proud of her. She chose a fun career... I worked in PR for a national forest and nine more years for a university. Enjoyed it all!

    Give her my best.... Her work ethic will be noticed on her interviews.

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading how proud you are! I am sure she will excel in anything she desires, especially with your support! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful family photo Coach and I am sure you would be proud of her whatever her results were.

    I told you the story about my neice who graduated in November, achieving 2 distinctions and a credit and will graduate with honours in Sports Science.

    I admire her so much because she has come from a broken home, had to fend for herself since she was 16, never complains, always smiles and always looks on the bright side.

    I know she will go places and make a difference as I am equally sure your daughter will as well.

    How wonderful to know our world will be in good hands when they take over. Ethics would have returned to centre stage.

    Sing her praises loud and long, she certainly deserves the accolades.

    Love
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your graduate! I know you must be soooo very proud of her. Good job! No great job mom! Pretty awesome Christmas Present aye?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! That is fantastic! You should be proud...of her and of all your hard parenting work. Looks like it paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She should put everything you wrote in her resume or cover letter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your daughter!!

    Great accomplishment and so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What an accomplishment for E and her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations!!!! what a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A big hearty Congratulations to the proud parents!!!

    & All the very best to the very deserving young lady..

    Blessed Be,
    Meow

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations -- that is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...congratulations... You must be SOOOOO proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and your daughter. What a wonderful accomplishment and well deserved. I am so impressed by students who work while in college and take part in the payment. I did it and I appreciated my education more. Wishing you and your family teh best this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how wonderful! blessings to her and her job search:)

    the best sweaters of the night were most certainly the loud women's ones worn by men!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is SO awesome AVT!!!!!! Congratulations to all of you! You must be so proud! And like you said, it's not just that she got there but how she got here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on a job well done! Boomer Sooner.

    My years at OU were some of the best ever. I would move back to Norman in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!