I have had such an upbeat positive experience with the holidays these past few weeks. My daughter graduated, the clinic families and co-workers have given me alot of laughs and smiles, my husband is recovered from the surgery of a few months ago and I am so looking forward to this next week and Christmas Day. I was fully prepared to smile all the way to New Years Day then I spent some blog time with my friends Jennifer and Miruspeg. It is no accident that those blogs we read are there to remind us, to share with us and to keep us grounded.
In one sitting I read Jennifer's (JenX67) post "Private Hell" about the private hurts and heartaches that some are carrying inside. Maybe it's someone you know very well but don't know what is going on inside. Maybe you know but it's hard to acknowledge or talk about. This does not put a damper on my celebration but it does call attention to our humanity, our call to care and pray for others and our call to "listen" even more closely to those around us.
Next I read Miruspeg's (Middle Age Ramblings) post "Managing Our Ups and Downs" about how we project our mood to those around us. How do we cope with others around us who have a "less than sunny" disposition. How do we respond when we meet someone who carries a "light". Miruspeg says "Putting choice and action ahead of feelings is critical here. It may be true that we can't choose our moods, but we can certainly choose how we will live them out and how we will respond to other people's."
No matter your mood today I encourage you to go and read these two posts and listen to the wonderful "themed" music Miruspeg has gathered to go with this post! Think about your own "mood" today and what you are projecting this season...then go to my Friday post and listen to those two upbeat Christmas songs.
Abundance is....embracing the meaning of Christmas with all that comes with it, the joy and the sorrow of others.
A prayer to those who are experiencing this Christmas from a perspective of loss. It can be so difficult when we have lost someone we love or have a change in our family situation. May you find the Peace you deserve and may you see the "Light" in someone's eyes this Christmas.
Glad you got the package! Sorry it took so long. When I got yours, I was about to send mine out, but then I wanted to make it more special.... because yours had touched my heart.
ReplyDeleteI then gave it to my mom to mail and she forgot for a few days.
I'm glad you like the package!!
So pleased to read your lead up to Christmas is one filled with joy for you Coach.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for being a catalyst with this dialogue.
The more I get to know you, the more abundance I feel in my life.
Bless you
Peggy
i agree...there are so many that are hurting and missing and lsot and they seem to go unseen so often. i'm so glad and so blessed to be in this place, at this time. thanks, bloggy friend!
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reminder, that just because "we" may be excited for the upcoming holidays, that doesn't mean that everyone is. Or that some might be experiencing heartache, or loss, or emptiness. And, while I treasure the time I'll have to spend with family - your point is so important - that we remember, that we pray for those who are suffering in some way. This time of year can be especially difficult.
ReplyDeleteMay your Christmas season be one of much happiness and joy...
What a great message. I've just read about two of my blogfriends who are struggling financially - both had Christmas Angels deliver bags of gifts to them today! Abundance is also being able to give and receive, with grace.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you and your family!
I like this post - very thoughtful and thought provoking.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your perspective on things.
Merry Christmas!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ReplyDeleteI'm a little (or a lot depending on how you look at life) behind on reading and commenting, so you can imagine how much I needed to read your post and go visit the other two.
ReplyDeleteI never seem to plan things far enough in advance and once again have found myself frantically scrambling to meet the demands of my life! I may have to e-mail you to let you know what I've just been through!
Anyway, it's always good to visit you. My spirit gets a lift every time!
Roban
With Christmas shopping and baking, I'm so behind on reading my favorite blogs. I haven't read Peggy's yet, but that is one of the things I really struggle with -how to respond to the chronic sour mood of certain people in my life. It is difficult, at best.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to have connected with you over the past few months. It's made my blogging experience richer, for sure. I have my little angel "stone" you gave me. It's in my wallet. I see it most every day.
Blessings on you this Christmas season!
Great post-- sorry it almost slipped by because of the holiday rush! I'm clicking the links now...
ReplyDelete