Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friday Night Lights!!!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Every small town in the US enjoys a Fall Friday night tradition!! The big home football game. In our town the team won the state 5A championship last year and it was quite an exciting season. This year they are slated to do equally as well. All of the fans come to the games dressed in their Royal Blue and something else.... Last Friday I paid particular attention to the little ones..the future players, cheerleaders, flag corp and band members. Here as some views from my side of the bleachers!

Future cheerleaders!!


I think future drag racer...this little one played with his cars behind us and never looked up! He was perfectly content!!!




This little Phantom of the Game intently watched the game with his dad with the mask on the top of his head. He only put it on when I convinced him I had to have a picture!



The team won 35 to 7, their third straight win of the season! And a good time was had by all!!


Abundance is....a first and 10, a 30 yard run, a touchdown pass, fans who cheer for the kids for playing hard, and okay...beating the socks off of the opponent!!


You will want to come back next Monday and check out my post for "Three Sites To See" where I give you three amazing sites to explore!!!

36 comments:

  1. I love love love football weather and a good night game. Love it. Since my ten year old plays at the crack of dawn on saturdays its not quite the same, but its still one of those feelings I love.

    Great shots, great commentary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, football friday night - what's not to love. And I LOVE that little cheerleader in the making, TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brings back great memories. I loved Friday nights watching football growing up. I always loved the way it brought everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, there is nothing like Friday Night Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love friday night football -- it helps to have a good local team though (and we do). I think you pegged the future performers pretty accurately.
    I have not seen royal blue FOREVER -- it used to be the blue of choice, for my favorite college football team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like football from that view! Great PSF!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some football. There is just something about being within a crowded stadium. I love it.

    Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! Friday night football is such a great way to kick-off the weekend! Can't wait to see your sites on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so observant! Love this post - kids look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, makes me nostalgic for a football game. Haven't been to one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that tradition ~ I SO wish Canadians had it, too. But alas, all the frozenness makes hockey a more logical choice. Blegch.

    The pictures are awesome ~ looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do miss American football. 35 to 7 was a serious spanking! Fun PSF-- Coming back monday, I'm always up for things to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely PSF. We love Fall Football too, but more so on a Sunday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how much fun! I love the little boy with the cars, a well prepared mom and/or dad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Friday night football- ah, the memories and such great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! It's DEFINITELY football season again!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's the tradition around here too. My nieces are cheerleading...and they are soo cute!

    Nice shots of the football fans and cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, it's been about a 100 years since I've been to a small town football game.

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What cute little fans. There is nothing like fall and football!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We tend to sing "Football Friday Night..." Also my husband leaves the house most mornings talking about how much it smells like football season outside. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed hearing from you! How funny we're so much alike. Just to see if it goes any farther... I was born in the Northwest... near Seattle. It would be a long-shot of course if we were born in the same part of the country. But who knows, the Twilight Zone music was getting pretty loud.

    Have a great weekend!

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds fun - and now I know what bleachers are!

    btw crumble is a topping for fruit made with flour, butter and sugar, then bake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the mask pic! thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a surprise for you over at my blog.
    Cheers
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Friday night football games! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually have a few friends that are Juniors at OU. Actually, I know a LOT of people I graduated with, friends, that go to OU! Including Ben Hampton (up coming star for the football team, keep an eye out!!).

    I miss Highschool football games sooo much. I was in the band and I LOVED it.

    Thanks for all the comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute pix of the future of your hometown! Love the mask and the little guy playing with his trucks and tractors.
    Our HS team is not very good and haven't been good in the last 7 years, so you won't see or hear about them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your pictures from Friday football are great. I like that you focused on what else was going on, giving us that behind the scenes view of life in the bleachers. Congrats on the win!

    Now, for the connections... I have a thin tie to Oklahoma and an even bigger connection to Bobby Sherman. I loved him in "Here Comes the Brides" and came close to seeing him on the set when they were filming in California. At the time, I lived in San Jose. I heard that he was in the neighborhood, so I set off to find him. Unfortunately, a huge fence separated us, so I didn't even get to see him! But he was there... somewhere!

    Oklahoma brings back memories of a friend I made when she moved to my hometown and attended school for a while. Her name is Roxanne Isch. We stayed in touch for a while through letters after she moved back to Oklahoma. Even though we didn't know each other long, I have always remembered her.

    Oh, I had a little singer/dancer "band", too. We sang to the Jackson Five and the Partridge Family. Now that really dates me!

    Roban

    ReplyDelete
  29. I remember the days of Friday night football, but my kids have grown and I no longer go. :) Love the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This time of year is so much fun for this very reason!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. super cute...and those cheerleaders are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahhh -- I miss High School Football AND football weather.

    By the way, thanks for stopping by the ol' blog during my "Hurricane Hiatus." I am so glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So sweet! Love those little cheerleaders in training--what a piece of Americana!~

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for all your nice words on my blog! It really can be frustrating, but the weekend has helped me gain a bit of perspective. I will hopefully be able to start fresh tomorrow with a new week!
    I loved this post. It makes me feel so in love with small-town America which can so often feel like home!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great view on a fantastic fall tradition-the Friday night football game.

    I LOVE what abundance meant to you in this post. I'm going to use that in my morning meditations...WOW!

    Great PSF!

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!