Check out other Wordful Wednesday posts at Seven Clown Circus
We have a white Bichon Frise named Abbie. She and my husband walk morning and evening. For the past year they have had much of the same route. You would think that would get boring, at least for my husband. But the route rarely changes and there is a good reason. A Cat!
You see, our dog has a special cat friend. We did not initiate this relationship. The cat did.
For the last two years (really!) this cat several times a week has waited in front of the Catholic Church for Abbie to walk by. This is amazing because she lives several blocks from the Catholic Church. She comes to the street and greets Abbie and then she actually begins walking beside Abbie and joining them for a short portion of their walk.
We found out that her name is Penelope and she has grown up with dogs as friends. I guess she really likes our little Abbie dog...she is a very reliable friend, but in the winter will sometimes not show up for weeks at a time. My husband suspects that when she does not appear she is doing "mission work" somewhere else in the neighborhood. At first Abby was skittish, but now she welcomes Penelope and does what any dog friend would do! Sniff, Sniff!!


Abundance is... a reliable friend.
Beautiful tale AVT COACH.
ReplyDeleteI love cats because you are not their master, they live with you because they choose to.
Penelope and Abbie have a special bond even though they don't live in the same house.
Lovely Wednesday story......I will remember it thoughout the day.
Peggy
OH MY Word! How funny is that..
ReplyDeleteI think it's funny you have to clarify the Catholic Church is not your all's church!
ReplyDeleteThat is one neckuva cat tail! It looks like it belongs to another cat! It's just visiting on the back end of THIS one!
ReplyDeleteYikes Tami, I can see how that might be implied. The reason I am stating it's the Catholic church is that the cat is not hanging around the church that we live next door to. It is a church in another neighborhood and it's so far away from the cat's home. Oh well, TMI!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. What a sweet, sweet story. And Abundance. What a perfect name, and what a gorgeous dog!
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a pet person but that was cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story...especially the last phrase "abundance is...a reliable friend." So true and a great saying. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is so hilarious!! Are they kissing??
ReplyDeletei LOVE that cat's tail...i am not a cat person, but the markings on that one are awesome!
ReplyDeleteOnly a true friend will smell your bum.
ReplyDeleteRemember that. Tips like that always come in handy in life!
lol
Awww, they are so cute together.
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! And so weird that a cat would do this because cats don't normally do what anyone else wants them to..nor are they predictable like this. I just love this story. It is completely precious! I know, that sounded silly to say, but I believe it is! (PMS makes me all gooey..even more than usual! Gooey or cranky..depending on the second I'm in)
ReplyDeleteYou are still in my thoughts and prayers with all that is going on with you.
Hang in there!
We meet friends in the most unexpected of places sometimes.
ReplyDeleteAbundance IS a reliable friend! Such a fun story and pictures to go with it!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute little friends they are! When it is time for a new 4-legged friend around our house, I want a Bichon.
ReplyDeleteI am personally a dog lover, cats not so much, but this is a cute, cute story that very well fits to the phrase "can't we all just get along?"
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks like they sure did!
=0D
Aw, so cute!
ReplyDeleteso much fun! my toy poodle (who is a barking freak) loves to chase the cats inthe neighborhood, but then expects them to play, so she gets a paw int he face quite a bit! cute doggie!
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe how much that looks like my cat!
ReplyDeleteI love that your dog and a cat have a friendship. How strange is that, huh?
That is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThat story just made my day!! That is so stinking cute! Abundance sums it up. I love that your husband say she is on "mission work". Thanks for sharing this cute little "tail".
ReplyDeleteThat is sweet! I love stories like that!
ReplyDeleteAww, your little white dog is EXACTLY the kind of little white dog that my Caspian loves to bark at.
ReplyDeleteMaybe since Abbie has learned to be friends with a cat, she could teach Caspian some manners too!
Sweet story.
I love it! Our dog is from a shelter and we got him when he was one, but he must have been around cats as a puppy because he really loves them. He is so gentle and never chases or does anything improper when they are around.
ReplyDeleteOK... that is funny!
ReplyDeleteWhat a riot? Cats have such personality don't they?
ReplyDeleteHow sweet. See, cats and dogs CAN get along. What pretty animals!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! Makes me think of that line...'Dogs and cats--living together!!!'
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked the MiMi and twins pic--and your comments were waaayyy generous! But I do love that you're a little biased in my behalf!!!
Blessings!