Monday, October 6, 2008

Three Sites To See #3


I hope you are ready to stretch your thinking for this week's "Three Sites To See." I have some wonderful sites to share with you!! In keeping with my wish for an international perspective, all three sites this week are from around the world.


1. Jerusalem Hills Daily Photo: I found Dina because she found me. She is a reader of the first blog I posted about, Mashad Daily Photo and she visited my site. She read about my husband and sent me the sweetest post. She is an archaeology fieldworker living in the west of Jerusalem, Israel. Her posts are about her faith and her work. Her photos are wonderful, you feel like you are there in her community. What a spirit she is, I felt her prayers from Israel. Be sure and read through her posts for September to see the variety of themes she writes about. Please leave her a comment and tell her avtcoach sent you!


2. These Days In French Life: Riana is an American food and travel writer living in the South of France with her French husband and child. She has been posting since 2004. This past year she was inspired to refrain from consumerism and committed to not purchase anything. She writes, "Only food and that was severely limited to the farmers markets and the organic co-op store. This year, we are doing an all-out No Shopping School Year: September 1st thru June 15th, we will not buy anything, not even food. We will use what abundance we have: what we preserved this summer, our garden, foraging, bartering, trading, living off what mother nature gives us."

This is a fascinating blog about her experiences. She is an excellent writer and has challenged my thinking about what I spend, how I spend it and what is possible when you simplify your life.
Please leave her a comment and tell her Avtcoach sent you!


3. Abundance Blog: Marelisa is from the Republic of Panama. her blog on 25 Simple Ways to Simplify Your Life got my attention. As you know, I am committed to creating for myself an Abundant Life and to do this I believe I must seek to be inspired, simplify my daily practices, engage in thoughtful conversaton with others and seek to learn more about my world. Marelisa's various posts just might get you to thinking about what "abundance" means to you. Please leave her a comment and tell her Avtcoach sent you!


Enjoy!!


Abundance is...prayers from a stranger, following through with a commitment to change, and simplifying!

8 comments:

  1. I'm all over that simplify my life blog! I will be checking it out!

    You're blog is looking great! And to think you are a newbie...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, AVT Coach, for the kind words. Jerusalem Hills is honored to be among your recommended blogs.
    Here we are in the time of New Year and the Day of Atonement. I wish you and Pastor a good new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful blogs! Thanks for sharing these sites (all the less work for me :)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I peeked in at a few of those sites. It's amazing how differently we live. I did love the Abundance Blog. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your October book selection over there...I have wanting to read The Shack for so long! I have got to get a copy!!

    I hope you're enjoying Fall so far.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting last week! I will check out these blogs you posted today. I love visiting new blogs! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these sites look very interesting - thanks for passing along some new sites!

    BTW - what does the AVT stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so headed of to the last blog you mentioned.. at times my life definitly needs some simplifying..

    ReplyDelete

I am abundantly grateful for your comments!