Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
A few months ago the pet of some very good friends died after 15 years. Bo was not just a pet. Bo was the ears of my friend who is hearing impaired. He was the company for many years in a primarily silent world. Then my friend received a cochlear implant and with the ability to hear came so many blessings. Bo remained a faithful companion. He was the "people" walker. He was the first one in the car ready to go to Starbucks. He had the back seat to himself on vacations and he was around to cheer the many friends who visited my friends' home. Bo's death was a great loss. He will always be the special in their hearts.

For this family who loved and provided such a great life for their animal, the story does not end there. You see, when you are able to make a dog's life that special you simply cannot let that be the final word. And they didn't.

This is Coach. My friends got a new puppy this week. I have not seen him yet but this is the picture they sent me. He is already spreading his puppy spirit around my friends' home and in their hearts. I feel certain that this too is a "lucky dog"!!! He has no idea what is in store for him living with these loving friends. Oh! The places he will go! And...they have no idea the blessings he will bring. I would like to think Bo's spirit lives on in this little coach!
Abundance is...celebrating the loss of a life well lived...and beginning again to love and to cherish!
What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect quote on abundance. Beautiful. What a cute, lucky little puppy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious little puppy!! I got to Petland all the time to play with them :)
ReplyDeleteThat girl
What a snuggly looking little puppy. So cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet looking puppy!
ReplyDeleteThe definition of family is different for everyone, isn't it. And love and loyalty certainly are not traits limited to the human race. That puppy is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI am partial to ANYTHING canine and I wanna smooch that pooch! SO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteSo cute, and he probably has the best puppy breath!
ReplyDeleteAw, he is SO cute! And I love the name Coach.
ReplyDeleteBo sounds like he was an amazing dog and friend. It sure does sound like Coach has found himself a wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteIt's always so hard to say good-bye to such a faithful companion as a dog; this happened recently to a dear friend of mine as well. I'm glad your friends have opened their hearts and home to another furry creature!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story. Coach looks like a little furball!
ReplyDeleteOh a puppy!! How exciting for your friends!
ReplyDeleteDid I mention he is super cute??
Hope he brings lots of love to your friends.
Happy PSF!
What a cute lucky pup!
ReplyDeletecute puppy!
ReplyDeleteIm sorry to hear about Bo but happy to hear about Coach i hope they have good days
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story, thank you for sharing! Bo was a very pretty pup but Coach is just as adorable!
ReplyDeletePlease VISIT My PSF. Thanks!
LOVE the abundance quote. Such a great perspective and reminder.
ReplyDeleteMay Coach and his new family have many happy years together.
Oh, I love this sweet little doggy.
ReplyDeleteI just love dogs..
What a great quote..
He's adorable. Some people don't get that loss a pet owner goes through-- you're a great friend to recognize it.
ReplyDeleteLove this story!! I have to say that I am getting so addicted to reading the end of your posts for your Abundance is... quotes!
ReplyDeleteI love these few words that so capture the essence of your posts and I think it is so positive and adds so much!
Dogs certainly do become members of our families and their losses are hard to overcome. However, it is such sweet comfort to get a puppy and enjoy the cycle yet again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing a dog can be. Bo was a beautiful dog and Coach is adorable.
ReplyDeletehwat a sweet little dude! so fuzzy!
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet little Bo. It sounded like he was the epitome of man's best friend. (and Coach is pretty darn cute too!). Service dogs are so special.
ReplyDeleteWE are about to venture into the world of fostering a puppy...this puppy will be trained to be a seeing eye guide dog! I can hardly wait!
This puppy is so cute and your friends sound like awesome & loving people!!!
ReplyDeleteThe new little buddy is adorable!!! I certainly know the pain that comes with losing your dog though. I am sorry for their loss.
ReplyDeleteThank you for such kinds words on my blog! A new day is such a good thing! This post just proves how much we can change...there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I hope your husband is healing quickly!
ReplyDeleteHow sad to loose a beloved pet.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet to get a new one!
Such a nice post. I am sure they will have so much fun with Coach and Coach will hear a lot of good stories about Bo! :o)
ReplyDeletefor cryin' out loud! A puppy post right after a long lived sad death of puppy post.
ReplyDeleteAwws and oooh all around!
Do NOT show this to my kids. They sooo want a puppy. And I soooo don't want a DOG!
What a wonderful story in tribute to your friend and her lost companion. I was very touching. I am sure the new guy will never take his place, but will continue to bring love and joy to your friend. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my story!
ReplyDeleteHe is just adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteCoach is super cute!!!
ReplyDeletei love how bo was still beloved even after he was out of work.
ReplyDeletethat pup is just too cute. i am glad they have a new little family member to love.
hope your husband is still doing great. i am happy for him (and you!)
He reminds me of a Lhasa, maybe a Lhasa Poo? Coach is a cutie! And I'm sorry about Bo, they will never forget him.
ReplyDeleteSo sad to lose a beloved pet. The new baby is darling!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend - Kellan
What a cutie they were blessed with (both times)!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that they can share their abundance of love with a new little pal.
ReplyDeleteAw, losing a pet is certainly like losing a family member. Wishing your friends many happy years together with Coach :)
ReplyDeletei hope coach can do as good as BO...
ReplyDeleteI thought this was going to be a sad story, but then the happy ending! Great!
ReplyDeletePS Thanks for visiting my PSF
What a sweet story with such a happy ending. Both dogs are adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI think I will give this a try next Friday (well probably Thursday evening)
I hope the puppy gets as much love as Bo did.
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL STORY! BEAUTIFUL LIFE! BEAUTIFUL DOG! Must be why I'm all teary eyed. Lucky pup.
ReplyDeleteThat little pup begs to have his belly rubbed!
ReplyDelete