So..here goes.
1. Quirky: I love calendars. I love them so much that I cannot keep one for more that 3 or 4 months. I depend on an appointment calendar for work appointments. I hate using a pencil. A smart person would use a pencil then erase cancelled appointments. Noooo I use a pen then have to scratch it out or mark through and label cancelled. Then, I don't like the mess on the page so I use white out. So, you see I want the week of appointments to look neat but there are often so many changes. When it starts to look messy I go buy another wonderful new calendar and start again.
2. Quirky: Sorry to cat lovers and I know I recently posted about the cat who loves my dog..but...I am afraid of cats. I guess they know it because as soon as I am close to one the cat always hisses..(if you listen closely you can hear me making that awful sound). I have been attacked by several very nice cats. I have been known to leap over furniture to escape cats!!
3. Quirky: I take care of my morning routine in exactly the same order every day. If something like a phone call interrupts me and I miss a step then I forget to do something important like..apply deodorant...take my medication...or even makeup! I even put my contacts on in the same order...right first then left.
4. Quirky: I am highly sensitive to other people being embarrassed. Therefore, I have much difficulty watching certain sitcoms...it is just too embarrassing. My top "can't watch" shows/movies are..."I love Lucy" (Lucy)..."Laurel and Hardy" (Oliver)..."Frasier". (Frasier).."My name is Earl" (Earl) ..."The Office" (Michael) and I hate to admit but "Seinfeld" (George). I do have a friend who says I need serious counseling because I can't laugh at these characters "most embarrassing" situations. I do have to say though...I am getting a kick out of the "Not Me Monday" posts. These are too funny! I try not to laugh but...sometimes I have too!
5. Random: I love the tried and true "Chick Flicks"!!! Here is my all time favorite list...(do not mistake these for Lifetime movies)...these are the major motion picture chick flicks!.
When Harry Met Sally, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Leopold and Kate, Ten Things I Hate About You, Knights Tale, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, Pretty Woman, Serendipity, Officer and A Gentleman, Dirty Dancing, Return to Me, American President, Goodbye Girl, Always, Shall We Dance, Runaway Bride, Love Actually, My Best Friend's Wedding, Bridgette Jones Diary, Mama Mia.....see the theme?
6. Random: Number Five makes me think of the "Men of Film" that I adore and would see any movie they make. This will age me I feel sure but...I've been tagged so I feel obligated.
Richard Gere, Harrison Ford, Patrick Swayze, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, the late Heath Ledger, and did I say Richard Gere...oh and there's Richard Gere!
7. Quirky: I love the above movies so much that I know most of the lines. Almost everyday I experience some situation that a great line from one of these movies and others comes into my head and I feel compelled to "sometimes" say it out loud. If I am with family I "always" do it. I do have some pride and some amount of decency so I try to temper this quirkiness as often as I can. I even like to play movie line trivia..say a line and guess the movie.
Okay, I have to admit at first I did not think there were 7 quirky things that were worth posting but now I realize how quirky I might be...my husband joyfully helped me with my list!!
Now for my list of 7 random blogging friends I will tag this weekend!
1. Chris at Life...or a Reasonable Facsimile Thereof: Okay ladies, here is the only male blogger I have met so far. He participates in Photo Shop Friday. He takes great photos and makes great comments! His latest post was random and quirky. Click on his sight and you will go to the funniest post on male attire! Chris...you have been tagged!
2. Kimberly at Take a Nothing Day, Make It All Worthwhile: She is a first year teacher and she often posts about her teaching experiences with young children. I know she can think of 7 random and quirky things so Kimberly...you have been tagged!
3. Lindsay at Our lives - In a Nutshell: She is a great blogger. Always has great posts and makes thoughtful comments on posts. A very sweet spirit and has had some funny posts on "Not Me Monday". So Lindsay..you have been tagged!
4. Honey Mommy: You will love her story about her 67 mile bike ride on her birthday! She also makes me laugh so I can't wait to read her quirky random list! You have been tagged!
5. Jennifer at Life's Little Adventures: Jennifer is posts about her family and her big project: renovation of an 1807 colonial farmhouse. I was fascinated by this and I think with her big family could come up with 7 random things. Jennifer...you have been tagged!
6. Susan at Fordy Days and Nights: Susan is a great blogger. She has a cool site and wonderful posts. She is a tried and true blogger who is another thoughtful commenter. She is so creative I know she can come up with 7 quirky/random thoughts about herself! So..Susan..you have been tagged!
7. Jaysi at In Bird's Nest: Jaysi too is a creative blogger. I love her posts and the cute things her children do! (Check out her son's great hair!) Jaysi also is a great commenter. Jaysi..I hope you can find 7 quirks about you! Jaysi, you have been tagged!
Abundance is...having cool blogger friends to tag!
I find it sooooo interesting reading other people's quirky behaviour, we don't often get to write random information about ourselves......very intimate and lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteThe talented writer in you comes to the surface in this post, great descriptions right down to describing the people you have tagged......love it!
I used to be an organised person, but in the last two years, probably since I started studying philosphy, I find routine has flown out the window which is very liberating.
I definitely agree with No.6...I will see anything with Colin Firth in and the others are pretty hot as well. Funny you should mention Heath Ledger, if you go over to my account in Scrapblog on page 3 you will find a tribute I did for Heath...if the link below doesn't work.
Tribute to Heath Ledger
I will definitely check out your other cool blogger friends you have tagged.
Take care
Peggy
I don't like seeing people embarrassed either. I can't stand to watch American Idol or any other show where people are deliberately made fun of.
ReplyDeleteI love Chick Flicks also. I have seen just about all of those. Ten things I hate about you is one of my all time favorite movies. We had to read "The Taming of The Shrew" in high school, I didn't find that any where near as entertaining as the movie.:)
I have the same issues about being embarrssed for others! I will even turn red and it didn't happen to me!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Word. I could have written the majority of this! We are so alike that I'm a little excited and freaked out!
ReplyDeleteI am Jenx67's friend that is fund raising in memory of Mitchell. I talked to his parents and they said his favorite book was always Dr. Suess's Foot Book. It's personally one of my favorites. I always knew Mitchell had good taste!
Thank you so much for what you're about to do to help with the fund raising. It is a huge task to undertake but I know the reward will be rich.
You tagged me! I didn't really think I had seven interesting aspects of my life, but my wife assures me otherwise...So I'm going to do my best. There are occasionally a couple of other guys who post on Photostory Friday, but I have to admit, I do sometimes feel like an island in a sea of estrogen.
ReplyDeleteIncidentally, I have the same aversion to people embarrassing themselves as you do. For that exact reason, I cannot watch ANY reality television.
Okay that's just one of the reasons...
Yes! Maybe - collect comments for three or four days - it's up to you. From Tuesday through Friday?? More people will learn about Mitchell, his parent's inspiring blog and have a chance to give leukemia research. I can't thank you enough.
ReplyDeleteFun blog, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I will look forward to reading more of your posts.
ReplyDeleteI can't watch American Idol because I do not like how demeaning the comments can be.
ReplyDeleteLove most of your chick flick....and have added some to my "things to rent" list.
I'm so glad you shared your "quirks"! :) They were fun to read and you have a great chick flix list. It was also fun to see that I know ALL of your tagged bloggy friends but one. :)
ReplyDeleteSo of these I knew--and some I didn't! Always fun to peel more AVTCoach layers back and see what lies beneath!! ;o)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
So glad to read this. You are great and I love your movie list. I think my favorite fact was your morning routine. When I was working full time I functioned in the same way. Hilarious! Hope you had a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteWow...I love the quirks...it is so fun to find out more about you. I love all those movies, and I share the same feelings about cats. I think they seem creepy and kind of sneaky. One time when I lived in Chicago, I got out of my morning routine and forgot to pick up my car pool buddy....I drove over an hour to work without her...oooops! Too funny. I can't wait to do this. I will get it up this week. Hmmmm...me quirky???
ReplyDeleteVery cool quirks, to say the least. I enjoyed relating to many of them, especially the "chick flick" one and I Love Lucy. I have to change the channel whenever I see it for that very reason. I also have something I think you should try with cats. They read body language like we do, but they have a different interpretation of said language. If you squint at them, they don't look at it as a negative and they will immediately come to annoy you. My response to most cases that seems to work until I subconsciously forget myself and look upon a cat with disdain (sorry cat loving friends)is to disregard them as they are apt to disregard someone who wants their attention. It's reverse psychology for cats. Just call me the cat whisperer. :-)
ReplyDelete#3 is funny but understandable. And I love pretty much all of the chick flicks you mentioned!!!!
ReplyDeletethese were cute!!
ReplyDelete